The Electronic Income Withholding Orders (E-IWO) process is an efficient and cost-effective way to electronically exchange income withholding order (IWO) information between state child support agencies and employers.
There are many benefits to using E-IWOs. Some of the benefits include:
- Money gets to the family faster
- Creates a single interface for all exchange partners
- An employer can acknowledge receipt of each IWO and quickly respond to the state when an employee is no longer employed
- Increased accuracy, and reliability of data
- Saves time, money, and resources at no cost to employers
The Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) places all files on a secure server designated by the employer for information exchange. Therefore, there is no need for an IWO to be mailed during this process. The E-IWO process requires either a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) server, File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS) server or File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server with a Virtual Private Network (VPN). The electronic transfer ensures that each employer receives their E-IWOS the day after the state child support agency generates them.
There is no fee to use the E-IWO process. We encourage employers to utilize this fantastic tool. For more information and to register for E-IWO, please contact Mr. Bill Stuart at [email protected] or (518) 399-9241.