The CSSD Basic Services Package must be filled out, printed, and brought to CSSD when you meet for the first time. Please provide as much information as possible to allow CSSD to establish and manage your case effectively.
Please note that the form cannot be saved with the entered information. Therefore, it must be filled out and printed at the same time.
1. This package contains a brochure on Child Support Services Division (CSSD) services and an application form. If you are seeking to establish parentage and/or support from more than one non-custodial parent, complete one form for each.
2. Read the brochure carefully to determine if you want the services of the Child Support Services Division (CSSD).
3. Enclose these items when you submit your application:
- Three certified copies of each out-of-state order; one certified copy of each D.C. order; Copies of the Divorce Decree, Separation Agreements, Custody Order, Birth Certificate, Acknowledgement of Paternity, etc.
- Proof of Income (e.g., two most recent pay stubs, W-2’s, tax returns, etc.);
- Proof of D.C. residency (e.g., telephone bill, utility bill, etc.);
- Proof of identification (e.g., government-issued identification); and
- A one-time $5.00 non-refundable application fee. Money Orders and Checks ONLY. NO CASH. Make the Money Order/Check payable to the D.C. Treasurer.
4. The application form must be signed or it will be returned to you.
5. Please notify CSSD if a private attorney is involved in your case for actions other than child support matters.
6. Please bring the materials to our office at the following address:
Office of the Attorney General, Child Support Services Division
441 4th Street, NW Suite 550 North
Washington, DC 20001
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm